(P.S: The copyrights of the video, images depicted in this blog entry belong to Nike, unless stated.)
Singapore (November 30, 2010) – For the first time, Nike allows football fans to be heard, loud and proud, at the Asean Football Federation Suzuki Cup 2010 games. Debuting at the games, Nike SHOUT is the region’s first digital LED perimeter board that serves to capture and amplify the football moments on pitch via social media, connecting Southeast Asian fans at home and across the region to the players on the pitch, live with their messages of support.
As part of the “Be the Next” campaign, Nike SHOUT is targeted at local youth footballers to inspire them to show their support for their national teams and strengthen their drive to be part of that team someday. Enthusiasts can post their words of encouragement and support and see their messages live on pitch during the AFF Suzuki Cup season which starts 1 December 2010.
Singapore is one of four ASEAN countries (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia) activating the exchange via social media platforms – Twitter and Facebook. Official launch of the platforms commence 29 November 2010 and messages aggregated between the official launch date and the first live match will be selectively streamed on the Digital LED perimeter board on 1 December 2010 to support their national teams. Directions on use per platform outlined below.
A Youtube clip that captures the making of Nike SHOUT
- Log in to personal Twitter account as a registered user
- Type message in the following format @nikesingapore #nikeshout (message max 40 character)* sender’s name
- Log in to personal Facebook account as a registered user
- Enter Nike Football (insert country) page to access the newly created Nike SHOUT** tab to post their messages
- Submit messages of encouragement via dialogue box on Nike SHOUT tab in the following format @nike(insert country) #nikeshout (message)*
- Fans can also view live streaming of the messages from the pitch via the video player box on the Nike SHOUT tab
*only posts submitted in the following format will be recognized and selected for live streaming on the Twitter perimeter board at the games
**the Nike SHOUT tab is only available to fans who ‘liked’ the Nike Football Singapore page**