Some of the already implemented ways like:-
- The conventional way of link exchanging with other similar blogs/ websites.
- Included the site banner in my profile signature on various forums.
...been doing quite okay and did more or less increased the traffic.
So came the "gift" idea.
For a start, I pondering a few options like:-
- The wristband
- The mobilephone tag (incorporated a screen wiper)
- Epoxy stickers (those u saw on some desktops)
While the cost of making those above-mentioned aren't cheap, but also how much publicity can those stuff generate?
Of course, I can't charge them at a "premium rate" to recover my costs. Also, sourcing for companies that going to make these stuff was a challenge as well.
Still, I decided to try out two options here.
Did check with two "lobangs" that make the wristband.
"It would cost quite a bit to make something like the NIKE (LIVESTRONG) band (pictured above), as you need to make a mould for that... minimum quatity is 10,000!!" said the first supplier.
The second supplier offered a cheaper alternative (pictured above) but the wordings (using "silk-screening" process to print the text on the band) would tend to fade off after a certain period (then what's the point of doing it?).
Anyway, idea quashed after the craze over the band had faded enormously since Lance Armstrong started the trend.
(P.S: Vik, just "tumpang" your sticker here..man :P)
The sms exchange went like this:-
- Me,"u make epoxy stiker? How much u charging n minimum quatity?"
- Supplier,"who r u and which company?"
- Me,"I'm not representing any company, jus an individual (non-obligatory) enquiry"
Having "said" that, there's no follow-up from the supplier, I guess he wasn't really that keen on small timer (pretty stuck-up, eh?).
Nonetheless, I managed to come up with a cheaper alternative to kick-start the publicity blitz.
To be continued ...