Many thanks to Mr Neo for sharing his views on this issue.
Potential Players with Merits to be selected for Singapore National Squad.
Neo Chee Seong
I based the potential players with regards to not participating in Asian Cup Qualifiers, Suzuki Cup or Asian Games.
People say Singapore has got no talent, I do not agree. I feel Singapore has sufficient talents to compete with ASEAN's best.
However, not with big headed players who took their place for granted.
This is my squad of 23 (player by player comparison. existing players in brackets,bold)
- Yazid Yasin (Geylang) (Lionel Lewis)
- Zaiful Nizam (Gombak) (Hassan Sunny)
- Fadhil Salim (Hougang) (Izwan Mahbud)
- Shahril Alias(Home) (Baihakki Khaizan)
- Adrian Dhanaraj (Geylang) (Precious)
- K Sathiaraj(Balestier) (Rosman Sulaiman)
- Jonathan Xu (Geylang) (Safuwan Baharudin)
- Jeremy Chiang (Gombak) (Noh Rahman)
- Bah Mamadou(Gombak) (Afiq Yunos)
- Zulfadli Zainal Abidin (Home) (Juma'at Jantan)
- Razaleigh Khalik (SAF) (Vice-Captain) (Dan Bennett)
- K Vikraman (Balestier) (Riduan Mohamad)
- Syaqir Sulaiman (Balestier)
- Naufal Omar Ashiblie (Home) (Mustafic Faharudin)
- Nor Azli Yusoff (Home) (Isa Halim)
- Ismadi Mukhtar (Tampines) (Khairul Amri)
- Imran Sahib (Tampines) (Fazrul Nawas)
- Azlan Alipah (Woodlands) (Captain)
- Asraf Abdul Rashid (Home) (Shadan Sulaiman)
- Zulkiffli Hassim (Gombak) (Agu Casmir)
- Azhar Sairudin (Hougang) (Maszrezwan Masturi)
- Ahmad Latiff Khamarudin (Tampines) (Alex Duric)
- Aliff Shafaein (Tampines) (Shahril Ishak)
Always in every fans' mind why Ahmad Latiff was not in the Lions after 2006, so has the disband see the light of tunnel for him to don the red jersey?
I would like to see how many of this list of players gets the nod based on "Merit" as per what Raddy said. A mixture of youth + experience. My selection of the players, none of them has played for the National Team in any of the tournaments mentioned.
If I were Raddy, I will pit the existing team against this team, and show those in the current team there are always more than capable replacement.
These 23 players of my choice are IMHO the more consistent players turning out for their teams, and they have always been the difference when they are on the pitch.
I was quite reluctant to include Bah (Mamadou) in my team because he is part of FTS and as a Singaporean Football Fan, I hope to see the entire squad made up of born and bred Singaporeans. No foreigners. It is okay for me to watch my national football team lose, but they have to lose with pride.
And not using their mouth as a tool for performing. It is definitely a good suggestion to disband the existing squad and come up with fresh blood. And I would like to see out of my 23 players, how many will eventually get selected in the first Singapore team of 2011.
I am backing at least half(13/25) of them to be in the first squad that will be announced very soon. Reputations count for nothing. Forget the heroics of Amri And Alam Shah on the past editions of the Suzuki Cup.
What we need are players of the future. And my list, if selected, can stay for a good 5 years, before promoting some of the young lions and cubs from the U-18s to the first team.
Patience is the key. No disrespects to the players that will be dropped. Success and failure are determined by silverwares. No Silverwares no talk.
And I suggest playing 3-5-2 instead of a flat back four.
GK: Yazid Yasin
DCR: Jonathan Xu
DC: Razaleigh Khalik
DCL: Adrian Dhanaraj
MC:Azlan Alipah (Captain)
MC:Naufal Omar Ashiblie
MC:Nor Azli Yusoff
FW: Aliff Shafaein
FW: Ahmad Latiff Khamarudin
** Views expressed may not necessary be that of the blog owner, thanks**